Thursday, April 2, 2009

Blowouts

Today brother Louie popped his head into the classroom and asked if I had a few minutes to help with something. Since we had an extra teacher today-go Miss Shontell-I stepped out and followed him to the office where my daughter was being held about a foot away from my husband. There is poo on the ground. Apparently, Ellie had a nice blowout, which was actually a really good thing as she has had a bladder infection and has not really poo'd since last Thursday. Antibiotics always make poo a little funny, too.

So, the best part of this whole thing, and the reason I'm blogging, was my husbands thoughts on how to get her clothes off without getting the poo all over her. He suggests, in all seriousness, "we can just cut her shirt off". I started laughing. Later I came to find out that Louie had the same idea. All I could think of was being at the ER when they tear off someones clothes so they can operate really quickly. Daddy's are funny. The have an interesting outlook on things...much different than my own. I am thankful for the joy that living life with Ben brings me. I am also thankful that my little one is feeling much better!

5 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

Get those close off stat 1 2 3 CLEAR!!
Thanks for the laugh boys.

TimmyMac said...

I don't get it . . . I would have had those clothes cut off before Sue could say "you idiot!" . . . :-)

I'm glad she's starting to feel better . . .

Erica said...

Bust out the scissors! Glad to hear that those antibiotics are working :).

laura said...

I told Ben he would make a good paramedic... this proves it;)

digapigmy said...

the best example of daddy-think -- dylan got his head stuck in the rail on the stair case at the church. jon cook was on his way to get his hacksaw at my suggestion when lolita came by and just pulled him through from the other side.