Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Countdown is On...

*There are less than three weeks until we get to meet our new little peanut. I think I will go into labor before then, though. Wishful thinking? Maybe.

*What am I going to do with two kids? Oh man, this changes EVERYTHING!

*I've discovered that I actually like reading when I'm not forced to do it. Last week I read Love, Acceptance, and Forgiveness...the new one, and Sheet Music. The title explains the first one, the second one is about sex ;) Both were fantastic. I just started The Shack, which is good so far.

*Preschoolers are funny. During free play time, a child playing in the "kitchen" brought me a cup. He said, "here, I brought you some beer!" I began reaching out for the cup and then decided against it and instead said, "we shouldn't drink beer at school". A second boy behind me excitedly said, "Ooo...I like beer!" End of conversation.

6 comments:

laura said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were that close... You will be a great mommy of 2, but yes, life as you know it, will soon be over:)
I read The Shack, I wasn't prepared for the content, so most of it was really bothersome to me. In the end, I liked it, but cried a lot:)

Hillary said...

I've read Sheet Music, a recommendation by Lucinda Chumley. Good book. I loved reading the Shack. I wish it was a true story. I liked how outside of the box the book was, made me think about a lot of stuff.

Tmoneyreno said...

can't wait to meet your peanut. We tell Hudson not to tell people about what happens at home, especially when we allow him to do something illegal. I have always heard the shack was really good.

miss jessica said...

I'm currently debating the continuation of The Shack. After crying a bit, I'm not sure if I want to continue. It's strange because I can watch this type of stuff on tv and not get emotionally bothered at all (CSI's, Law & Order, etc.). Interesting that "reading" the story is difficult for me. So, we'll see if it gets finished or not.

miss jessica said...

Oh, yeah, and Hudson always makes me laugh at school :) He is such a great kid!

Erica said...

I have trouble getting into a read. I have read the Shack and I had to skip the first part cause we were going camping with our kids that same weekend and it was disturbing me, but the rest was great. 2 kids are busy but you can do it!